View Single Post
Old 01-13-2014   #446
_King_
All Pro

Rep Power: 0 _King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected_King_ is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So .... Who's your QB in 2014 ?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrosion View Post
I've been thinking about this data comparison since I saw it yesterday .... It sure paints Bridgewater in a favorable light ..... but it doesn't factor in the level of competition which has to be an issue as it makes projection to playing with the big boys difficult.

While Manziel is putting up video game numbers against the best teams in the country including 562 yards against Bama's defense .... Bridgewater is slugging it out with heavyweights like Floridia International University.
This disparity in strength of opposition makes comparison difficult at best.
Bama also gave up 45 to OU. 30 something to auburn. Against the three best teams they played they went 1-3 and gave up over 30 points all three times and gave up over 40 twice. The sec as a whole gave up a bunch of points this year.

I get the level of competition knocks, but we aren't subtracting what manziel did against rice, or smu or Sam houston or utep. Never mind that some of those lower sec teams weren't that good he played and that he actually struggled against lsu and a little against Missouri. But a lot of these not as talented schools have nfl caliber talent on them. And some of them have really good coaches.

I wouldn't put too much into manziel being in the sec. There's a lot of factors there. I mean, his own defense is in the sec and they were terrible.
_King_ is offline   Reply With Quote