Thread: Ideal Scenarios
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2014   #92
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 87321 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ideal Scenarios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number19 View Post
This was predictable; I was expecting it. The bottom line is the number of reps he was given to absorb the complexity of the play calling and the speed of the game. The practice squad is the "scout" team. He had little time with the Texans' scheme. The half season on the 53 man roster - Schaub takes the majority of reps each week, TJ had some and Case had the remaining. Training camp was the majority of his opportunity to "learn". These two years, the film room was the basis for his schooling in the game, but you need reps. What is it teams have, three days a week in full pads? So Case had maybe a total of 24 practices, each week dealing with a new defensive.
In my scenario I mentioned acquiring a veteran FA QB. But drafting a QB in the first round, there will no competition.

Given his circumstances, the game hadn't yet "slowed down" for Case.
The best FA vet will probably be Schaub. I'm not opposed to it. Let's see if coaching makes the difference. Of course, we still cut him and sign him as a Veteran. Even if we fail to free up money this season, we need the money for 2015.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote