Thread: Ideal Scenarios
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2014   #89
Marshall 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 60634 Marshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respectedMarshall is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ideal Scenarios

Quote:
Originally Posted by LikeMike View Post
I don`t understand the logic of waiting for our QB till next season. I don`t think McNair or O`Brien will be happy with a 3 win season or worse. Yet, if we finish any better, we probably have no chance at a top 3 pick. Now if the QBs in next years draft are as good as the people who want us to wait think are, then we have no real chance to get them.

Of course, we might get one with giving up on basically our whole draft and "overpaying" heavily for him. But even then, there is no guarantee that QB actually lives up to his projected potential.

Now this year we can get the best QB of this class basically for free, because we already own the first pick. Of course, we might get a great offer for that pick, but if we are at all comfortable with any of the QBs available I believe you have to take him - because we might not have a chance to get another top rated QB in the near future.

Ideal scenario? We draft a QB and he fulfills his potential.
Ideal scenario. We draft a QB who exceeds all expectations, every draft pick becomes best at their position and every injured player returns and surpasses their best efforts from the past.

Alternative Ideal scenario is that we trade down while picking up first round picks for next year and seconds this year. This year we season the rookies and next season we draft the best QB in twenty years with one of the draft picks we picked up this year.
Marshall is offline   Reply With Quote