View Single Post
Old 01-12-2014   #426
Steal Your Face
Rookie

Section: 119
Rep Power: 857 Steal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respectedSteal Your Face is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: So .... Who's your QB in 2014 ?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by welsh texan View Post
If we were to take a vet QB we can trade back from the #1 gaining #4,#26 & #36 in addition to #33, allowing the Browns our #1 and guaranteeing them teddy by jumping in front of the Jags.

Take a vet, improve the OL get a QB a little later on, and spend 2 high picks to improve the D.

This takes the pressure off our rookie QB to start before he's ready and allows us o improve immensely across the team.

Now, we only do this if the new coaching staff don't think Teddy is the guaranteed franchise QB for the next 15 years.

The guy who suggested Orton earlier, I wouldn't be against that, I think if you have the guy of the future in the draft, but he isn't ready to start, Orton is the type of guy who can game manage, take the pressure off the rookie, and most importanly, give some cap relief compared to say cutler so we can go out and get a couple of mid-level FAs to further improve.

I see this as a plan that guarantees the ability to get to a ~.500 record at the least (decent coaching dependant) and possibly get straight back into the playoffs.
How is Kyle Orton better than Schaub?
Steal Your Face is offline   Reply With Quote