Thread: Ideal Scenarios
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2014   #74
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 206631 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ideal Scenarios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number19 View Post
I understand this. We differ on expectations of success from a third string rookie coming in at mid-season and how quickly the book should be closed on him.
Keenum wasn't a rookie , he had two full offseason's , year on the practice squad and a half season on the 53 man roster to learn the system & playbook.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mussop View Post
Was it him that defenses figured out or was it our predictable checkdown offense? I'm still wondering if it would of mattered who QB'ed this offense. Case fits what O'brian is looking for in a QB. I'm looking forward to seeing how that all turns out.

I'm not willing to gamble on it. I'm getting a QB but I think there is a chance his career could be salvaged. I'm not 100 % giving up on him.
I didn't 100% give up on Keenum career wise .... I think he could be a capable backup. That's not a bad career path all things considered.
Where I draw the line is that I don't believe he's starter material & I'm not willing to go into next season with him as the starter .... Give me an early draft pick and a vet FA .... let the three of them fight it out.

As for what defenses caught onto , I think it was pretty obvious that it was Keenum's inability make routine reads in the 5-15 yard range that sustain drives & dealing with pressure early within the scope of a play. Now if he could avoid the early pressure , he made some big plays.

Go back and watch some of that train wreck of a season if you can stomach it ... Its plain to see what he had issues with. The fact that his best performance was in the first half of the first game is very telling .... From that point on , it was a downward spiral for the most part.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote