Thread: Ideal Scenarios
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2014   #11
Texanmike02
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 111406 Texanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respectedTexanmike02 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ideal Scenarios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number19 View Post
IMO, you are wrong. Next year's team isn't even assembled yet, so it is flat out impossible for "it" to have any kind of expectations. Now, if you mean "you" have playoff aspirations for the team next season, IMO, you are setting yourself up for a huge disappointment. Of course, you may be speaking only in hypotheticals, in which case all 32 teams have playoff aspirations. But realistically, significant improvement is what should be expected, or as I previously stated, 6 to 8 wins. We may do better, but, as fans, it should not be realistically expected. And I also think that O'Brian, and his future staff, will be much more qualified to determine what he can accomplish with T.J. and Case.
No. I'm looking at the fact that for a 2-14 team this team doesn't have as many holes as you would expect.

QB.
RB could be an issue if Foster isn't healthy but the most successful teams in the league don't rely on one solid back anymore these days.
Our OL is kind of weak at RT but that's really our only weakness.
WR. I think we're in pretty decent shape.
TE. I'm comfortable with our position.

On defense:
DL. We could use a true NT in RC's defense but I think that we have our end positions covered pretty well with JJ. We just need someone to occupy blockers opposite him.

LBs. Obviously this is our weakest position on the team outside of QB. Cush may or may not be back so you have to look for his replacement (or partner if he comes back). WM is passable and I would move Reed inside and try to get a better Sam. If Cush comes back I'm good with WM, BR, BC, X If not you have two holes to fill.

DBs.

I really don't think our DBs are as bad as they looked. Jackson is a true #1 and JJoe has regressed but he's still an outstanding #2. Find a nickel guy and we're in decent shape for the CBs.

At S I'm ok with Manning/Swearenger.

Fill QB, One of the two LBs, RT and RB if Foster doesn't come back healthy, and this is a playoff team. The key is to add solid depth but this team should not be shooting for 6-8 wins next season. There is just too much talent and besides, suppose we win 6 games next year. That's probably the 7-10th pick. We have no idea who will be out there.

Mike

Sig by False Start - Thanks man

Govern my country, NOT MY LIFE!
Texanmike02 is offline   Reply With Quote