Thread: Ideal Scenarios
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2014   #62
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 217952 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ideal Scenarios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number19 View Post
The thing is, while all this losing streak was going on, and listening to Kubiak's press conferences, and his comments about how Case had to learn to do this and learn to do that, and had to improve this and improve that, I was thinking that Keenum was beginning to overthink things instead of just playing. O'Brien has a reputation of adjusting his game to fit his players. Kubiak seemed to put players in a straight jacket. This is what makes me think that, under evaluation, O'Brien may see things differently from the common perception.
I might give this line of thinking a second thought had Keenum been able to recognize pressure situations pre snap - He couldn't.

How many times did we see a team overload on one side , bring four and get home for a sack or cause a poor throw ?! Too damn many. Its the QB's job to identify those situations and get into the proper protection scheme.

The one thing I will concede is that the backs did a horrible job in picking up the blitz during that stretch .... but had they played flawlessly in that aspect , I don't think it changes much as Keenum just didn't make the right reads often enough.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote