Thread: Ideal Scenarios
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2014   #56
Number19
All Pro

Rep Power: 25944 Number19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ideal Scenarios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike02 View Post
...Did Case do anything to make you believe he is the successor? Seriously?
This is the wrong question. The question should be: what are the realistic expectations for next season and can Case achieve this degree of success in the short term?

Evaluating only his college film, how does he compare to this year's QB's?

My understanding is that the big negative on Case is that he didn't work from under center and worked from the spread offense. But this is exactly where the pro game seems to be moving toward. His size was also questioned and his arm strength was questioned. But my understanding is that he was one of the QB's brought in early at Indy to throw to the receivers and had a tired arm when it came time for his own evaluation.

If we can acquire additional picks in 2015, then O'Brien could have all of next year for making a final decision on what level of success Case might eventually acquire. But I do think it probable that O'Brien will want to take a QB in this year's draft.

I'm with 76Texan in that this coming season is going to be interesting.
Number19 is offline   Reply With Quote