Thread: Ideal Scenarios
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2014   #48
Corrosion
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 222017 Corrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respectedCorrosion is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ideal Scenarios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number19 View Post
One question going around the board is: do we draft a QB with our top pick or do we trade down, picking up a QB lower in the draft, in rounds two or three? I offer the suggestion that we wait until 2015 to pick up our QB of the future. With this as a possibility, here is one "Ideal Scenario".

I don't have the patience to wait another year for a QB when we are in position right now to pick a long term solution at the position nor do I have the patience to move back twice in this draft .... essentially pissing away the season muddling around with Case and Yates @ QB. I want to see a commitment to winning - Not losing.

Coaching changes aside , I think the ideal situation is to move back with Cleveland in exchange for 4 , 25, 69 + a future first or 4 , 25 & 36 in this draft.
You also need one of Clowney or Matthews taken in those first three picks leaving you one of Bortles , Bridgewater & Manziel at the 4th pick - I'd be happy with any of the three ....and would be content with taking the leftovers for the above compensation.

With those other picks , I'd take a TE , DE & RT in no specific order , the order & names would be dependent upon which of the above compensation packages were offered / accepted.

Think of coming out of this draft with one of Bortles , Bridgewater or Manziel and the following in the first three rounds :

25 - Cyrus Kouandjio or Antonio Richardson
33 - Trent Murphy
36 - Jace Amaro
65 - Shane Skov or E.J. Gaines

25 - Cyrus Kouandjio or Antonio Richardson
33 - Trent Murphy
65 - Arthur Lynch
69 - Shane Skov or E.J. Gaines
+ next years #1.

That sure solves a lot of the problems this team has quickly.

I Miss Good Schaub.
Corrosion is offline   Reply With Quote