Thread: Ideal Scenarios
View Single Post
Old 01-11-2014   #9
Number19
All Pro

Rep Power: 35244 Number19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respectedNumber19 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Ideal Scenarios

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texanmike02 View Post
...this team has playoff aspirations...
Mike
IMO, you are wrong. Next year's team isn't even assembled yet, so it is flat out impossible for "it" to have any kind of expectations. Now, if you mean "you" have playoff aspirations for the team next season, IMO, you are setting yourself up for a huge disappointment. Of course, you may be speaking only in hypotheticals, in which case all 32 teams have playoff aspirations. But realistically, significant improvement is what should be expected, or as I previously stated, 6 to 8 wins. We may do better, but, as fans, it should not be realistically expected. And I also think that O'Brian, and his future staff, will be much more qualified to determine what he can accomplish with T.J. and Case.

If we use the 1-1 on a QB, I have no doubts that this player will perform at a higher level than either Keenum or Yates. But I wouldn't bet the farm that this would hold true for a player selected in the mid-rounds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Playoffs View Post
Yeah, that would approach what I'd pretty much call ideal...
Although realistically the chance of the two trade down is unlikely to happen, it is not at all uncommon. If we can get that first trade with Cleveland, I'd definitely be looking for that second trade to move a few spots lower in exchange for another two. If we trade the 1-1, to get value, we absolutely will get at a minimum a one and a two. A one next year, in trade value, is counted as a two this year, so an extra one this year and a one next year is value for value. Trading from #4 to #9 is worth a two; so that is how I arrived at my picks. Really, if the cards fell right, not that hard to see happening.

The only real question mark is how O'Brian evaluates Keenum and Yates. My personal opinion is that Keenum has the higher chance of sticking with the team. But Kubiak saw something to draft TJ in the 5th, so maybe a new coach and a new system would give TJ a new chance.
Number19 is online now   Reply With Quote