View Single Post
Old 01-11-2014   #419
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 279523 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: O'Brien & His Coaching Staffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
But I also wouldn't be surprised to see 6-10 or 7-9 while the team gels and our new QB gets the new offense down.
This is something that's very interesting to me. I don't know if it's because of the rules changes in the NFL or what but Back In The Day, if you drafted a QB and started him, you could count on at least 1 losing season and sometimes 2+ until he developed.

We've had a lot of QBs come out and do some good stuff recently: Ben Roethlisberger, Cam Newton, Russell Wilson, RGIII, Dalton, Flacco, Matt Ryan... even Sam Bradford and Ryan Tannehill, to some degree.

Like TKyss, I'm not even sure our next QB is in this draft but I'm not as worried about drafting a QB and being successful that year as I would have been a couple of years ago.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote