View Single Post
Old 01-11-2014   #420
vupac1
Veteran

Rep Power: 358 vupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respectedvupac1 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: O'Brien & His Coaching Staffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
Uh.... no.

I don't have a problem keeping Matt Schaub, but we'll have to renegotiate his contract, get his cap number. I'll look at the numbers in more detail later, but Schaub would have to be willing to take a $4M cut & know that he is competing for the starting job. I don't know if he'll go for that, but what do I know?

Our biggest issue last season was penalties on defense, the turnover battle, & our performance in the redzone. We competed with the best teams in the league. Did not allow any team, including New England to score 40 (though St Louis got close)..... our situation is definitely not as bad as our record indicates.

I agree it would be a mistake to "expect" to win 10 games or better. But it would be just as wrong to "expect" 6 or fewer. We should, imo, expect 8-8 & plan accordingly.

Like the Colts after their 2-14 season & the Chiefs after theirs, we should approach the draft & free agency as if we could win them all.
LOL... this is the NFL not NCAA, teams do not score into the 40s with regularity (so for STL to come close, speaks volumes)

But hey, if you wanna hang your hat on that, then you go right on ahead there, buddy.
vupac1 is offline   Reply With Quote