View Single Post
Old 01-11-2014   #415
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 212038 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: O'Brien & His Coaching Staffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by DX-TEX View Post
Those teams had almost ZERO talent in the turn around year. The Chiefs, Eagles and the Texans have talent
I actually agree with you on that point. Sort of...

At the most important position on any team, QB, we have a gaping a$$ void. How will O'Brien fill that void?? Draft one of these untested rookies? Go with a vet? Who knows..?? Will either be the right guy?

There are also questions on whether our best RB and our best LB will come back to their previous levels of production. Our secondary is a little suspect too. We haven't seen the J-Jo we got when he first got here since that one year. Will a new defensive staff regenerate him? Will they make K-Jax stop being a penalty magnet? Can they get more out of Mercilus?

There has also been some debate as to how Crennel will make use of J.J. Watt. Will he let him roam up and down the D-line like Wade did or will he try to move him out to OLB as Wade was doing with Mario.

Bottom line for me is that too many unanswered questions remain to go "all in" to predict a complete bounce back season like Bob McNair keeps preaching. Now I wouldn't be surprised to see us go 8-8/9-7 given our schedule. But I also wouldn't be surprised to see 6-10 or 7-9 while the team gels and our new QB gets the new offense down.

Last edited by ObsiWan; 01-11-2014 at 01:04 PM.
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote