View Single Post
Old 01-11-2014   #418
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216126 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: O'Brien & His Coaching Staffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norg View Post
I was thinking about our QB situation if I was BOB the first thing I would do is make sure were I stand and tell Mcnair lets get real here 2014 will be a rebuilding year yeah we will still try and win but lets get real here if we win 7 games in a rebuilding year hey .....that's a up IMO

that would give me the green light to not reach for a QB in the draft if I really don't like one ...if he likes a QB tho then hey Grab him but that's your guy tho for the next 4 years tho I wouldn't take that chance

I would

Cut Yates and Keenum

then in a unpopular Decesion I would keep Matt Schaub has a stop gap Vet QB

then I would draft a QB in the 3rd or 4th round .....

and that's it I would only have 2 QB's no need wasting a 3rd spot

next year I would draft a QB in the 1st round which will be a much better QB class
Uh.... no.

I don't have a problem keeping Matt Schaub, but we'll have to renegotiate his contract, get his cap number. I'll look at the numbers in more detail later, but Schaub would have to be willing to take a $4M cut & know that he is competing for the starting job. I don't know if he'll go for that, but what do I know?

Our biggest issue last season was penalties on defense, the turnover battle, & our performance in the redzone. We competed with the best teams in the league. Did not allow any team, including New England to score 40 (though St Louis got close)..... our situation is definitely not as bad as our record indicates.

I agree it would be a mistake to "expect" to win 10 games or better. But it would be just as wrong to "expect" 6 or fewer. We should, imo, expect 8-8 & plan accordingly.

Like the Colts after their 2-14 season & the Chiefs after theirs, we should approach the draft & free agency as if we could win them all.