View Single Post
Old 01-11-2014   #404
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 94442 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: O'Brien & His Coaching Staffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
You speak of this "tendency" as if it's a bad thing. He's a new NFL head coach. He doesn't have much time to build a staff. You can't name one head coach in the history of the NFL who did things any differently. The real test will be on hires beyond this season.

But yes, it makes sense for him to look at players he's familiar with. If you believe the QB was our biggest issue, then getting a QB familiar with what O'Brien wants to do should help us get to winning. If you're against winning & all about a rookie QB, that's fine. Personally, I want to win & I want to draft our future QB. But I don't want to over commit to the rookie, or to the veteran.

& to further your point, O'Brien was with the patriots from 2007-2011.
Cassell's great season was 2008, under Josh McDaniels.

If O'Brien is thinking about Cassell, I'd think he's at the bottom of the list.

Mallet
Hoyer
Cassell
You know, if O'Brien is looking for a stop-gap QB, no one here will like it, but he's probably looking really hard at Schaub too.