View Single Post
Old 01-11-2014   #399
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 249243 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: O'Brien & His Coaching Staffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by powda View Post
Cassel was drafted in 2005 and O'Brien was not on the pats then. It is fair to say the Texans will bring in a vet? I think it's also fair to say a qb familiar with O'Brien or an O'Brien offense is reasonable speculation. I think it's a solid guess by steele to think what he does. We have seen a tendency thus far for coaches O'Brien knows...you don't think O'Brien will pursue players he knows?
You speak of this "tendency" as if it's a bad thing. He's a new NFL head coach. He doesn't have much time to build a staff. You can't name one head coach in the history of the NFL who did things any differently. The real test will be on hires beyond this season.

But yes, it makes sense for him to look at players he's familiar with. If you believe the QB was our biggest issue, then getting a QB familiar with what O'Brien wants to do should help us get to winning. If you're against winning & all about a rookie QB, that's fine. Personally, I want to win & I want to draft our future QB. But I don't want to over commit to the rookie, or to the veteran.

& to further your point, O'Brien was with the patriots from 2007-2011.
Quote:
On February 21, 2008, O'Brien was promoted to wide receivers coach.[8] He became the quarterbacks coach and offensive play-caller following the 2008 season after the departure of quarterbacks coach and offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels. He was promoted to offensive coordinator in February 2011.
Cassell's great season was 2008, under Josh McDaniels.

If O'Brien is thinking about Cassell, I'd think he's at the bottom of the list.

Mallet
Hoyer
Cassell