View Single Post
Old 01-11-2014   #398
Carr Bombed
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 99567 Carr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respectedCarr Bombed is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: O'Brien & His Coaching Staffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by powda View Post
Cassel was drafted in 2005 and O'Brien was not on the pats then. It is fair to say the Texans will bring in a vet? I think it's also fair to say a qb familiar with O'Brien or an O'Brien offense is reasonable speculation. I think it's a solid guess by steele to think what he does. We have seen a tendency thus far for coaches O'Brien knows...you don't think O'Brien will pursue players he knows?
It is fair to say the Texans will bring in vet in, but it won't be Matt Cassel. Matt Cassel was a aberration that season (11-5) and moved on to get coaches that will most likely be on this staff fired... as well as a past G.M., which is why O'Brien knows him and won't bring him in.

I highly doubt O'Brien even looks up Cassel's phone # when he does look for a vet. I'd put better odds on him keeping a younger player already on staff like Keenum to back up than to bring in Matt Cassel. If O'Brien does go for a seasoned vet to mentor his young QB (assuming we take one high) and teach him the ropes and what to do and not do.. it isn't going to be Matt Cassel, because despite all of the time Cassel has spent in the league, he still hasn't figured those things out yet. I'd rather have Schaub on the sidelines doing that job.

People keep talking about the "Kansas City turn around" in this thread.. They've had a loaded team for a couple of years now. All they had to do was cut ties with the anchor that was Matt Cassel, the guy that made bone headed play after bone headed play, and kept turning the ball over. As soon as they hired a guy who's known for protecting the ball they instantly vaulted towards contention.

So no thanks.. I'm high on the O'Brien hire, but if he even things about bringing in Cassel I'll have to start questioning his decision making regarding that position.
Carr Bombed is online now   Reply With Quote