View Single Post
Old 01-10-2014   #394
The Pencil Neck
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 253531 The Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respectedThe Pencil Neck is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: O'Brien & His Coaching Staffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by amazing80 View Post
So for all you pessimists out there, why is it the Chiefs AND Eagles cleaned house and in one off-season turned it around? But the Texans with equally OR better talent, cannot?

Its because you're all whiny and hate life.
I'm normally a sun-shiner and by the time the draft rolls around, I'm sure I'll be looking for the bright side of everything.

But.

The Miami Dolphins went 1-15 and then the next year (playing a last place schedule), they went 11-5 and went to the playoffs. And a couple more years of <50% winning after that and the coach was fired and they were trying again.

The Chiefs and the Eagles haven't shown that they can sustain this winning, yet. They may be back to bottom-feeding next year.

Most teams since 1990 or so that have 2 win seasons and change coaches improve to a 6 win season.

So that's what I consider a realistic expectation. I'm hoping for more and I'll be cheering the team on. But that's my expectation.
Adoptee: #55 - Chris Myers.
The Pencil Neck is offline   Reply With Quote