Thread: Blake Bortles
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2014   #299
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 326894 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Blake Bortles

Quote:
Originally Posted by bOODRO87 View Post
Man, you are so right. If the Texans were to ever get another chance at the 1st pick and chose the best QB, we'd definitely get another "Carr." Let's do the Kansas City route and beef up our defense, OL, and running game. It's all won there! Quarterback - Schmotorback. Who needs it.
That's not at all what I said. I said if you believe that a team such as ours has to take a chance on a QB now, then taking Carr in 2002 was still the right decision, even in hindsight.

I was actually coming around to your way of thinking.

But since he answered Peppers or Reed, then it's obvious he's looking for the best player in the draft (who takes a safety with the #1 overall?).

As an aside, I don't think it was a mistake to draft Carr. I think everything we did after that was.