View Single Post
Old 01-10-2014   #99
LikeMike
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 30535 LikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respectedLikeMike is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bob McNair open to trading No. 1 pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreek View Post
So many of these QB look "good" but not "great". I doubt any of
the big names even throw at the combine (most don't)

I think we can still get one of the top 5 listed QB's later in the
1st round. (while getting another pick for DL or OL)

To me there is so little difference in any of the QB's. There really isn't
a Manning or Luck type out there.

I posted a rotoworld thread earlier (but it was either moved
or deleted) which showed that none of the top-4 QB's were
statistically that much different than the average draftable
QB

-with the exception that Carr was substantially worse than the
other 3
There is one thing that makes Bridgewater special in my opinion - and that`s his football IQ. It was called savant-like before, and it sounds a lot like Manning. Bridgewater is elite at reading defenses presnap, rarely makes mistakes with the ball and usually hits the right guy. He is constantly in the film room or studying gameplans.

I feel like a lot of QBs fail despite having all the physical tools because either the game is too fast for them (with too many things going on) or they lack motivation to put in all the work needed. Both of these things should be no problem with Bridgewater.
LikeMike is offline   Reply With Quote