View Single Post
Old 01-10-2014   #387
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 402769 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: O'Brien & His Coaching Staffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
We're in the worst division in football. 4 of our 6 games will be against two franchises that have shown no ability to field a competent NFL team in recent history. (Sure, they beat us in 2013).

Then we'll play the AFC North. Two more games against struggling franchises (Steelers & Browns).

Then two more games against the worst teams in the other two divisions. Oakland & Buffalo.

Lastly, we play the worst division in the NFC. The Giants & Eagles have reason to believe they'll fare better in 2014. The Cowboys, not so much, & the Redskins are in the same position we are.

That's 10 games against 10 teams that have no business winning any more than we do.
Okay. Everything you said is a solid case to build hope on.

But expecting playoffs based on the above when the Texans don't even have a starting QB right now?

Expectation is a "strong belief that something will happen". You are free to expect whatever you want, but for myself, I'm not going to set myself up for disappointment. I'm a patient fan that knows it can take time.

Obviously, I'd love nothing more than the Texans in the playoffs in 2014. However, I'm not going to join the Fire O'Brien Club if it does not happen, and that, to me, is the difference between hope and expectation.