View Single Post
Old 01-10-2014   #381
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 406301 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: O'Brien & His Coaching Staffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus View Post
So, let me get something straight here..

Is a "KC turnaround" something you're hoping will happen, or are you actually expecting it to happen?

If you are on the "expecting it to happen", I'm going with speedfreek's take, hands down. I'm not drinking any of that Bob's 'I expect to win now' Kool-aid.
I hope for a 1 year turnaround, but I expect a rebuild of 2-3 seasons.

I've said it all along. New HC, new staff, new schemes, new QB. Any one of those is an uphill battle. All of them? It's rebuild time with some of the same building materials in place (i.e. AJ, JJ, etc.).

Anyone expecting / demanding playoffs next year is drunk on McNair's koolaide. No insult intended, but it's just not a pragmatic perspective.

And I do not fault McNair for serving the koolaide. It's his job as owner, to always put the best spin on it for a variety of reasons. Unfortunately, his spin is powerful stuff, and a lot of fans are buying into it without looking big picture.