Thread: Blake Bortles
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2014   #285
disaacks3
Site Contributor

Section: 116 - Row M
Rep Power: 159792 disaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respecteddisaacks3 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Blake Bortles

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolverineFan View Post
I just simply do not agree with this line of thinking at all. This is entirely your opinion and that's fine, but I would argue that how you rank Manziel or Bortles has nothing do with how you rank Bridgewater.
That's if you're under the impression that TB is head-and-shoulders above the other choices. There's quite a few folks that don't think he's that far ahead. I see them as basically 1A, 1B and 1C at this point. We can only hope the combine and Pro days help sort this out better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
It's like you're arguing that there's no one who should be taken at #1. No Bridgewater, no Bortles, no Manziel.

We shouldn't take Clowney because he's not a fit in Crennel's defense.

We shouldn't waste the 1-1 pick on a guy who's going to play RT, so no Matthews.
So, what's actually wrong with the argument that there's nobody worth the 1:1?

There is no consensus "lock" in this draft according to many. If Bob / Smith / BoB can deal backwards and pick up some depth, many would be hard pressed to say it was unwarranted.

So yeah, taking a guy at 1:1 if you can trade back to 1:4 and still get him is a wasted chance.

Lord knows I'm not betting on the Texans brain-trust to wow me with trades though.