Thread: Blake Bortles
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2014   #281
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 325689 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Blake Bortles

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
It's like you're arguing that there's no one who should be taken at #1. No Bridgewater, no Bortles, no Manziel.

We shouldn't take Clowney because he's not a fit in Crennel's defense.

We shouldn't waste the 1-1 pick on a guy who's going to play RT, so no Matthews.

So... I don't know.. Barr?
1st, I think we should draft the best player in the draft. Unless we fall in love with a QB. IF the Texans fall in love with one of the three, they have no choice but to take him at 1-1 (because St.Louis, Cleveland, & Jacksonville most likely will if you don't). I'm not in love with any of these guys & don't think they are any more likely to be successfull than guys like Taj Boyd, Zach Mettenberger, & Aj McCarron (<- yes, some people have taken him completely off their board, but I like what I see).

2nd, If I think Jake Matthews, Greg Robinson, or Taylor Lewan have the potential to be a franchise LT, I'm drafting one of them with the 1-1 if I'm not able to negotiate a trade that I really like. I'm not drafting him to play RT, even though he may start there as a rookie (not likely if I think he has what it takes to be a franchise LT, but he might), I'm drafting a LT. If that means that Gary's OT with the fat paycheck gets paid a lot more than the average RT... so be it. The line as a whole would be better. Much, much, on another level better.

3rd, I don't think we're going to get Crennel

4th, I think Clowney would make an awesome 3-4 OLB but I'm not drafting an OLB with the #1 overall.