View Single Post
Old 01-10-2014   #85
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 233666 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Bob McNair open to trading No. 1 pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedfreek View Post
McNair and I see eye to eye on this.. Trade down, get an outstanding
defensive player and get a QB that can do the job..

Clowney + Watt would be scary -- and might help offset starting
a back-to-back knee-surgery Cushing in the middle..
(while also helping out a slowed JJo and KJ at the same time)

The more I see the #'s, I just don't think there is any QB out there
truly franchise changing..
Trading down to get Clowney & a QB later in the draft would be one of the more difficult things to do in this draft. Clowney will more than likely go in the first 5 picks & while any of those teams can sure use a QB.... Clowney & Chris Long wouldn't look bad either. Any of the teams we trade behind could very well use Clowney.

So when we're (at least I) are talking about Clowney plus a QB, we're talking about taking him at 1-1 & getting one latter in the draft, either trading back into the 1st (but chances are someone will draft Bridgewater, Manziel, & Bortles before the late 1st) or using 2-1.