View Single Post
Old 01-10-2014   #363
houstonspartan
Hall of Fame

Section: 324, row N, seats 3 and 4
Rep Power: 21983 houstonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respectedhoustonspartan is a quality contributor and well respected

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porky View Post
I love the staff that BOB is assembling. Vrabel, Munch, Romeo. These are some damn good names. Of course, just like a draft, it's all on paper, but I agree with DB - it looks like McNair is rolling out the red carpet.

As for the hand holding comment, that's just absurd garbage. A man in a leadership position hiring people that could easily take his job says a lot about a man to me. And in a very good way. If BOB hired a bunch of youngins for the job, he'd be complaining about how there was no experience, no "cache", the players wouldn't respect him, he just wanted some cheap yes men, etc.

It's obvious speedfreak doesn't like the hire. I think I could respect him more if he just said I don't like the BOB hire, and stop with the nonsensical comments.

Granted, we don't know how good of a coach BOB or any of the assistants are until the lights come on, but the track record speaks for itself I think.

As to Munch, that would be a fabulous hire. And to say no nostalgia or thinking this is Texans screw the Oilers - as a longtime suffering Oiler fan who idolized Munch and Matthews back in the day, that's rather abrasive and offensive. Besides that, Munch was known as a very good Oline coach. The hire would be because he is a great coach not because he had ties to Houston - the nostalgia for the bygone days of old is just the icing on the cake for me.

My intent was not to offend Oiler fans. Maybe I don't get it because I'm not from here originally. But, let's be real: the Oilers no longer exist. Getting nostalgic about them is fine. I'm just saying I don't want a Munchak and potential Matthews hire to get all of the attention and deflect from what O'Brien is trying to build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
houstonspartan is offline   Reply With Quote