View Single Post
Old 01-09-2014   #1064
paycheck71
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 53113 paycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respectedpaycheck71 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans hire Bill O'Brien as HC

The letterman jacket thing was way overblown, I think. When the news first came out, EVERYBODY loved it! Tons of tweets from all over about how awesome it was. Besides, I'm sure it was designed as a team building thing, not jackassery (but who knows). And if they didn't get blown out by NE, it wouldn't have been an issue; people probably would have said it helped pull the team together. In the end, I don't think it mattered either way.

O'Brien is just trying to imprint some of his own ideas and principles on the facility. Change is clearly needed, and when your surroundings tell you that things have changed, it might be easier for you as a player to embrace it. Plus, he's doing it 4 months before the OTA's, it's not going to be a big deal by the time camp rolls around.
paycheck71 is offline   Reply With Quote