View Single Post
Old 01-08-2014   #10
Texecutioner
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 94174 Texecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respectedTexecutioner is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Bill O'Brien - Offensive Scheme?

Quote:
Originally Posted by silvrhand View Post
Question,

Does anyone know what type of offense Bill O'Brien is likely to use? My main concern is our offensive line for so many years are smaller more athletic and we have a considerable investment in 2 of them, and our running back is very geared towards the zone based running game, which we have another large investement in.

Thoughts on how this will work out?

- John
I imagine they will be running a scheme that is fast paced and can run on different types of tempos. It will adjust to pass heavy and run heavy at different periods of time depending on who the opposition is. O'Brien really didn't run the offense that much different than how McDaniels is running it right now. O'Briend had been on the Patriots staff before McDaniels left to coach the Broncos. I think you'll see a very similar style offense to what they tried to execute in NE, but we'll have to wait until we have a QB who can really implement that game plan to the high level people are used to seeing.
Texecutioner is offline   Reply With Quote