Thread: Blake Bortles
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2014   #253
mussop
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 92801 mussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respectedmussop is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Blake Bortles

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
For me, any top ten pick should be able to start week one. Maybe he doesn't give you the best chance to win... say he was drafted behind Brett Favre, or on the same team with Banden Albert.

But if all you've got is Case Keenum & Tj Yates, you should be starting day 1.

I don't think Bortles is a day one starter. I love his size, his mobility, his arm. But he's going to need more than one off-season to acclimate him to an NFL offense (my opinion).

However, I have no doubt he'll go with the 3rd overall pick if not the 2nd, only because there will be such a demand for QBs among the top 5-6 teams. So I can understand if the Texans feel like he's their guy & take him with the first overall. Same for Bridgewater.

I still wouldn't like it. Well, Bridgewater may be able to start day 1, hopefully he'll be 210+ by the time for the combine. 215 I'll be happy. 220, I'll be ecstatic. Otherwise, like Schaub, we'll be holding our breath, hoping he can play a whole season.

If we draft Bortles, we better bring in a vet that gives us a chance to win. Maybe not a Super Bowl, but 8 or 9 games.
McNair already say we were going to bring in a veteran so that we wouldn't have to start a rookie.