Thread: Blake Bortles
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2014   #252
thunderkyss 
& so it begins

Rep Power: 216126 thunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respectedthunderkyss is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via Yahoo to thunderkyss
Default Re: Blake Bortles

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
If a guy is good enough to go in the top 10 then he's not a reach at 1-1, as far as I'm concerned.

I'm hoping whoever we pick duplicates that sort of Russell Wilson/Roethlisberger/RGIII success but the odds are against it. So I'm not expecting him to hit the ground running as an upper echelon QB.
For me, any top ten pick should be able to start week one. Maybe he doesn't give you the best chance to win... say he was drafted behind Brett Favre, or on the same team with Banden Albert.

But if all you've got is Case Keenum & Tj Yates, you should be starting day 1.

I don't think Bortles is a day one starter. I love his size, his mobility, his arm. But he's going to need more than one off-season to acclimate him to an NFL offense (my opinion).

However, I have no doubt he'll go with the 3rd overall pick if not the 2nd, only because there will be such a demand for QBs among the top 5-6 teams. So I can understand if the Texans feel like he's their guy & take him with the first overall. Same for Bridgewater.

I still wouldn't like it. Well, Bridgewater may be able to start day 1, hopefully he'll be 210+ by the time for the combine. 215 I'll be happy. 220, I'll be ecstatic. Otherwise, like Schaub, we'll be holding our breath, hoping he can play a whole season.

If we draft Bortles, we better bring in a vet that gives us a chance to win. Maybe not a Super Bowl, but 8 or 9 games.