Thread: Manziel
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2014   #1346
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 306681 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Manziel

Tweets read bottom-to-top...

Jayson Braddock ‏@JaysonBraddock
Quote:
A lot of Johnny's game may get developed, but if I'm a GM, I'm not using anything higher than a 3rd round pick. Still wouldn't sleep well.

Down field routes, Johnny doesn't throw, he "flings". Mechanics are sloppy. Literally flips feet during the throw. All natural, no technique

Not breaking news, but he's exceptional at evading tackles...so much so that he evades rather than step up in the pocket.

Manziel struggles on passes outside the numbers to the "field" side. Usually bounces them to the target or WR readjusts.

Manziel hardly ever shows ability to make touch passes & has a tendency to write a short Haiku, point a la Babe Ruth, & then throw to his WR

Half way thru the 4th qtr of the Duke game is when I actually saw Johnny look comfortable & flow thru progressions.

Manziel will need drastic improvements in his mechanics, similar to what Cam Newton showed from George Whitfield leading into rookie year.

He should change his name to Johnny Mnemonic cause his progressions are robotic even though his running skills are futuristic.

Manziel routinely gets comfortable w/ this protection & it's made for elongated reads thru progressions.

I like Johnny & think he's exciting to watch in college. His internal clock is off due to 5-6 seconds of clean O-line protection.

I don't view Johnny as Russell Wilson. I see more Mike Vick in his game, w/ a weaker arm & better accuracy.

I'll grow convictions to each one of my evaluations & I don't do the whole twitter debate. If you disagree that's fine. I've been wrong b4.

IF this is the first time you followed me during draft season, understand that I'll say IMO on each prospect. Nothing is absolute.

That's not to say that he won't be in the 1st or even the top 10. I didn't view Blaine Gabbert or Ryan Tannehill as top of the 1st talent

I haven't watched every game of Johnny Manziel, but I've watched enough to say that IN MY OPINION he's not worth a 1st rd pick.