Thread: Blake Bortles
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2014   #250
infantrycak
Lead Moderator

Rep Power: 335888 infantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respectedinfantrycak is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Blake Bortles

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
If a guy is good enough to go in the top 10 then he's not a reach at 1-1, as far as I'm concerned.

I don't believe in the BPA concept because I don't believe that there is such a thing as the "best player." The rankings of the players is purely subjective. So team A's BPA isn't going to be team B's BPA and that's certainly not the same as Mel Kiper's BPA.

Each team has to know its needs and its strengths and weaknesses. When they rank the players, they should be ranking by which player is going to have the most positive impact on their team.
I agree. I hate the way folks act like the players all come with little objectively graded bar codes and you just line them up - then yell at anything not done in conformance with the imaginary value.