View Single Post
Old 01-08-2014   #23
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 275466 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Pats rated as most "Disliked" NFL Franchise

Quote:
Originally Posted by infantrycak View Post
No, I agree the headset thing is systemic and by the team. It boggles me the NFL can't/doesn't stop that crap.

Mangini might want to look up how many SB wins the Pats have since then. No doubt they have been successful overall but not for the ultimate goal which somehow they won 3 times before Brady became the juggernaut he is today.
From the same place I got the Mangini quote:

"As of the conclusion of the 2011 NFL season, the Patriots had the best record in the NFL since Spygate, compiling a 48-16 record from 2008-11."

Source

(Expand that for 2008-2013 and the regular season record is 72-24)

I don't think the Patriots needed to do it. I think they did it because they thought they could get away with it. And I remember a pretty lively debate at the time that many teams are engaged in this sort of 'espionage' activity, but just one got caught red-handed.

And I still don't see the huge difference in having a group of 'scouts' at an opponent's practice or walk-through taking notes and keeping track of things other than tape versus memory application.

Heck, I think it was either Ditka or Parcells that said teams that do not change their audibles and signals are pretty stupid. I'm not trying to condone the Patriots, but I think a bigger deal was made because it was the Patriots, as opposed to someone like the Browns getting caught. Obviously, the success magnifies everything.

But, I can tell you straight up as a fan, if the Texans win three Lombardi trophies and then get 'tarnished' by something like this after they won, I'll take that situation every day of the week. Quite frankly, I'm tired of 47 years of crap results in Houston, Texas.