Thread: Blake Bortles
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2014   #247
TexansFTW
All Pro

Rep Power: 31116 TexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respectedTexansFTW is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Blake Bortles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
Unlike most here there is no preconceived like or dislike. Only reality based unbiased and objectivity. There is the ability to think beyond the 2013 Sugar Bowl, there is the ability to think for one's self not what the media tells you to believe.

There is no difference in a 20 yard pass from shotgun formation in a Pro Set or some kind of spread. A 20 yard out is a 20 yard out, a 40 yard post is a 40 yard post, a 15 yard cross is a 15 yard cross, a 12 yard hook is 12 yard hook. A 25 yard TD run is a 25 yard TD run.

Hint: Put your money on the team with $40 mil to be more competitive than a team with only $8 Mil. Basic common sense and logic vs a whole bunch of wishing and hoping.
lol, sorry Tex. You're far from unbiased. Your information is good that's why I don't blast you like most others do, but you definitely show quite a bit of bias.

The money thing can't be argued though. We R F'd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexansSeminole View Post
Ever wonder why nobody, literally nobody takes you seriously?
In his defense, I do. I disagree w/ him often too.

Engaging in a back and forth argument I learned long ago is just a time suck though. He's got good information and you shouldn't be so quick to dismiss.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
Who would you compare Bortles to?
Ryan Tannehill, maybe Jake Locker (who showed me in a limited time he was on the field this year that he COULD be an NFL QB).

I think he (Bortles) can be very good, but bottom end of top 10 QBs is the ceiling I see for him, which is hardly bad, don't get me wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texian View Post
A team that beat the Texans twice....so what does that make any QB who goes to Houston?
Ouch. Sad, but true. At least for us it will (hopefully) only be a 1 year thing.

Last edited by TexansFTW; 01-08-2014 at 04:31 PM.
TexansFTW is offline   Reply With Quote