View Single Post
Old 01-08-2014   #63
eriadoc
Texan-American

Rep Power: 222419 eriadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respectederiadoc is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via ICQ to eriadoc Send a message via Yahoo to eriadoc
Default Re: Brees, Foles and .... yes, Keenum

I'm a UH guy. I don't care if Keenum is the QB or not. I care that the TEXANS have a good QB. UH is already working on their next one, so whatever Keenum does or doesn't do is only of concern to me insofar as the Texans are concerned. But I will say this:

Keenum was at the helm for 8 losses (well, 2 of those were only a half, so however you want to consider that, I guess. The Texans average margin of loss in those games was 6.375 points. Schaub was at the helm for 6 losses (plus 2 where he came on in relief and threw a game ending pick and another that should have been). The average margin of loss for those losses was 18.33 points.

Keenum played well enough for the team to win at times, but they didn't. QBs can't do it all, especially young ones. Hell, Alex Smith put up 44 points in the playoffs and lost. C'est la vie.

But whatever happens with Keenum happens. As long as the Texans get a good QB, I don't care. I just happen to think that Keenum could be a QB that develops into something if a team gives him a chance. He was always going to be a developmental project anyway.