View Single Post
Old 01-07-2014   #35
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 281064 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What got into Alex Smith?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderkyss View Post
I was half-assed joking in the game thread, & no doubt Luck did what he needed to do to win & then some, but so did Donald Brown, & so did that defense. Luck could have had the exact same game, had his defense not stepped it up, Andrew Luck wouldn't have done enough.
True, but defenses get confidence when they know they have a clutch QB that never quits.

Same could be said about plenty of clutch QBs. Those guys don't play defense. But when a defense knows that they have to make a stop to give their QB a chance, it gives them an intangible boost that is hard to measure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCTexan View Post
To go with that, I wonder how different this game would have been had both Jamaal Charles & Knile Davis not gotten injured. The Chiefs had no running game to milk the clock.
I think the Chiefs would have won if they had Charles and Davis to control the clock. I was a bit surprised by how well the team played when Charles went down so early in the game.