View Single Post
Old 01-07-2014   #1035
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 69042 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans hire Bill O'Brien as HC

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Pencil Neck View Post
Those were three things that a lot of people bitched about that made absolutely no sense to me.
Exactly - I have a hard time believing people really believe some of what's said.

Team Owner/GM : I see you want to hire <fill in the blank> as your newest assistant coach.
Head Coach : Yes - I think he'll do a fine job as our <fill in the blank> coach.
TO/GM : Is this someone you're personally familiar with?
HC : Yes he is.
TO/GM : Have you worked with him before?
HC : Yes I have. I've seen him work first hand, and based on that, I believe he can help this team succeed.
TO/GM : Is this someone you've actually hired before when you were putting together another coaching staff?
HC : Yes, I thought enough of him to hire him before, and based on that experience, I'm willing to stake some of my success on my previous experience.
TO/GM : Then I'm sorry I can't approve the hire. Please go out and find someone you've never worked with or met, and then come back and talk to me.