View Single Post
Old 01-07-2014   #1027
Playoffs 
Subscribed Contributor

Rep Power: 265614 Playoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respectedPlayoffs is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans hire Bill O'Brien as HC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I understand trashcanning the staff responsible for a 2-14 season. That's to be expected. My question is why? Because he didn't think any of them could do the job?...
Because he doesn't want to have to teach/train his coaches along with his players -- he's got enough on his plate as it is and a shorter leash in the NFL...

And because he wants guys who coach with a lot of enthusiasm. So he retained Bill Kollar.

You either trust the guy to make his own decisions... or you don't hire him.
  • His pressers will suck like Belichick's.
  • He'll take ultimate responsibility because failure is his responsibility.
  • He's a QB coach because the NFL more than ever is a QB league.
  • He won't throw his players under the bus because leaders with integrity don't do that.
  • He'll call his own plays because he's smart enough to do so, until he finds another guy he trusts to do same... which he will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
And more than that, I want to see who he picks as his defensive coordinator...But if it ends up being another of his buds.....
DC will be Crennel, who is another one of his "buds", unless something screwy is going on.
Playoffs is offline   Reply With Quote