View Single Post
Old 01-07-2014   #219
ChampionTexan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 90172 ChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respectedChampionTexan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: O'Brien & His Coaching Staffs

Quote:
Originally Posted by nero THE zero View Post
Me too.

Feel the same way about the Titans, and the Colts are slowly reaching that status. The Luck-Hilton-Pagano Colts are so much more unlikable than the Manning-Wayne-Dungy Colts.

Regarding O'Brien, and maybe this has been addressed, I have heard some speculation (almost a foregone assumption) that, like Kubiak, O'Brien will be calling the plays. Correct me if I'm wrong, but he was an OC for one year. That's hardly Kubiak pedigree OC. Has it been explicitly stated anywhere that O'Brien will be calling the plays? Did he call the (offensive) plays at Penn State?
O'Brien started calling plays for the Patriots when McDaniels went to Denver. That means he called plays there for 4 seasons. It's pretty easy to do a google search and find criticism and defense of his play calling at PSU. And prior to joining the Patriots, he'd spent 4 seasons as a college OC (2 with Ga. Tech, and 2 with Duke), so I while I can't say defintively he called plays at either place, but since both teams had HC's with a defensive background, I'd guess there's a pretty good chance he did.