View Single Post
Old 01-07-2014   #1022
DBCooper 
Outlaw

Rep Power: 135993 DBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respectedDBCooper is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans hire Bill O'Brien as HC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
I understand trashcanning the staff responsible for a 2-14 season. That's to be expected. My question is why? Because he didn't think any of them could do the job?
Fair enough.
But if O'Brien fired them all so he can bring in his own set of buddies (like Kubiak did) without looking around the league, or in the college ranks, to see who might be BETTER than his buddies at each position, well, this sounds eeriely like the way things unfolded with Kubiak and with Capers before him...

....we just left that movie didn't we? I thought this was supposed to be different.

I got "excited" with Kubiak before all the results were in. Not doing that with O'Brien.

Like you say, we'll all find out together.
The way I see it, I would be very surprised if he didn't bring in his buddies, especially position coaches.

It would be interesting to note everytime a new head coach is hired how many of his buddies he brings.

I believe it's a way to bring in your philosophy quickly because those coaches already know it and have bought into it.