View Single Post
Old 01-07-2014   #1019
speedfreek
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 42267 speedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respectedspeedfreek is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans hire Bill O'Brien as HC

I get heartburn just thinking about everything below.
Hopefully if the guy does turn out to be Gary 2.0
(or Dom 3.0) we don't wait 6 years to replace him.

I don't want to be retired by the time we win anything
substantial.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsiWan View Post
Soooo we should be okay with O'Brien showing signs of the same behavior Kubiak did.
- Offensive-minded head coach who also calls the plays... Check.
- Head coach who's supposed to be a "QB Guru"... Check.
- Was a coordinator, with no NFL HC-ing experience, on a Super Bowl winner... Check.
- Some flavor of "It's on me" at pressers... Check.
- Hiring his buds instead of doing a thorough search for better candidates... Check.

Same behaviour as the last guy but we should expect a different result...??

What's the word for that again...??

Like I said, I will hold off on "getting excited" until I see what he does with the roster. Changes need to be made for sure. But it doesn't need the complete purge that was needed after the 2005 season.

And more than that, I want to see who he picks as his defensive coordinator. Lots of good names out there that you guys have already listed. But if it ends up being another of his buds.....
speedfreek is offline   Reply With Quote