Soooo we should be okay with O'Brien showing signs of the same behavior Kubiak did.
- Offensive-minded head coach who also calls the plays... Check.
- Head coach who's supposed to be a "QB Guru"... Check.
- Was a coordinator, with no NFL HC-ing experience, on a Super Bowl winner... Check.
- Some flavor of "It's on me" at pressers... Check.
- Hiring his buds instead of doing a thorough search for better candidates... Check.
Same behaviour as the last guy but we should expect a different result...??
What's the word for that again...??
Like I said, I will hold off on "getting excited" until I see what he does with the roster. Changes need to be made for sure. But it doesn't need the complete purge that was needed after the 2005 season.
And more than that, I want to see who he picks as his defensive coordinator. Lots of good names out there that you guys have already listed. But if it ends up being another of his buds.....