Originally Posted by ObsiWan
I, for one, can't get "excited" until there's something to get excited about. This new dude - and I mean O'Brien - hasn't done anything of note as yet. I do know this. I have much higher expectations from him than I did from Kubiak when he got here.
- He is inheriting a much, much better cast of characters than Kubiak inherited when he got here.
- He's not saddled with the owner's damaged "fair-haired boy" at QB and actually gets to pick his own guy.
- If Foster heals properly he'll have a stud at RB (and speaking of which, what are the odds of that Doc??).
- He'll have a stud at LT, a solid guy at center, and some decent prospects at the other O-line spots; something it took the previous regime three drafts to find and another year or two to fully develop.
- He has an all-time great at WR plus some potential studs at the other WR spots as well at TE.
All the offensive pieces - except QB - are here for this "offensive genius" to make work. And he gets to pick his own guy at QB.
I wanna see what he does with this loaded toy box before I get "excited".
Or will he throw it all away and start over like he did the whole coaching staff??
Obis, what incoming HC doesn't "throw it all away and start over like he did the whole coaching staff"? They all do if they're not in Jerrah World. You're probably right about tempering somewhat but right now, yeah, I'm excited. Even if this is the third 1-1 with a new coach I feel it's quite different this time. Hey, I may be jilted but for the time being I'm going to allow myself some optimism.
We'll all watch and see what happens together, I'm sure.