View Single Post
Old 01-07-2014   #1012
ObsiWan
Site Contributor

Rep Power: 274452 ObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respectedObsiWan is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Texans hire Bill O'Brien as HC

Quote:
Originally Posted by drs23 View Post
Man if you can't get excited about wholesale changes like what's happening now then I guess one such as yourself should continue to wallow in your hate and misery.

I bet you're a real hoot around the christmas tree.
I, for one, can't get "excited" until there's something to get excited about. This new dude - and I mean O'Brien - hasn't done anything of note as yet. I do know this. I have much higher expectations from him than I did from Kubiak when he got here.
- He is inheriting a much, much better cast of characters than Kubiak inherited when he got here.
- He's not saddled with the owner's damaged "fair-haired boy" at QB and actually gets to pick his own guy.
- If Foster heals properly he'll have a stud at RB (and speaking of which, what are the odds of that Doc??).
- He'll have a stud at LT, a solid guy at center, and some decent prospects at the other O-line spots; something it took the previous regime three drafts to find and another year or two to fully develop.
- He has an all-time great at WR plus some potential studs at the other WR spots as well at TE.

All the offensive pieces - except QB - are here for this "offensive genius" to make work. And he gets to pick his own guy at QB.

I wanna see what he does with this loaded toy box before I get "excited".

Or will he throw it all away and start over like he did the whole coaching staff??
ObsiWan is offline   Reply With Quote