View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014   #59
SW H-TOWN
All Pro

Rep Power: 2408 SW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respectedSW H-TOWN is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Discount Free Agents

Quote:
Originally Posted by SW H-TOWN View Post
These are the guys that I would be looking at who will not cost a ton of money to sign.

OT-Michael Oher, Eric Winston, Rodger Saffold. There are several other free agents but I think that they will be re-signed. The more I look at the available free agents the more I think we will be drafting a T.

DE - Arthur Jones and Lamarr Houston. These guys could very well be available and I could see us signing one of these guys.

NT - Linval Joseph and Paul Soliai. I could see us spending some money on Joseph and getting a player capable of playing NT on our roster. We could also sign Soliai but I think it is more probable he will be resigned. He would allow us to draft and groom a NT.

OLB-Orakpo & Jason Worilds. I think that Orakpo is going to get a very big contract. I see Worilds as a more realist option.

CB - Chris Harris & Walter Thurmond. Both these guys are quality players who will most likely be available due to the cap situation of the teams they play for.

ILB-Vincent Rey. He is stuck behind Rey Maualuga and would provide an upgrade over Sharpton.

S-Major Wright. There are several studs but they are not going anywhere. I put down Major Wright even though I expect him to re-sign. Not looking to good for the Texans if they are thinking about landing a FS in FA.
Quote:
Originally Posted by leebigeztx View Post
Good list. I've always wondered how Kiwinuecka would fare as a 3-4 olb. I'm not sure he's a free agent though.
Thanks, out of this list I would really like us to go after Linval Joseph and Chris Harris.

We really need a NT and Joseph just fits. He has been a productive starter for the Giants since 2011. He is very consistent and has started just about every game for the past three years. The Giants have Cullen Jenkins who will not be a FA until 2016 and drafted Johnathan Hankins so I could see him being allowed to test the market.

Chris Harris is a really good player for Denver and I would bet he will be available because the Broncos have a lot of high profile free agents that they need to retain, like a ton. Harris has experience at the slot and outside. He would make McCain obsolete and be an eventual replacement for Joseph.

Vincent Rey would be a good guy to sign too. He would not cost too much money and would provide an upgrade over Sharpton.
SW H-TOWN is offline   Reply With Quote