View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014   #278
leebigeztx
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 28662 leebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respectedleebigeztx is a quality contributor and well respected
Send a message via MSN to leebigeztx
Default Re: Clowney, then what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
Wrong

It's because we armchair QB's dont think TB is a franchise QB, much less worth 1-1. Unless you consider Dalton worth 1-1 and want many Sunday's like the Bengals suffered Sunday in your future.

This isn't so much about Clowney 1-1 as it is wanting a dedicated QB with elite arm strength. I will admit I'm stained by the Schaub yrs.
You still amuse me comparing TB to Dalton. In fact, with the 8 qbs left, who has elite arm talent? 2, CK and Newton,that's it. Of all the qb in the playoffs, 12 teams, only 2 were drafted had elite arm talent. You don't need elite arm talent to be a great qb. In fact, very few qbs who can throw the ball through a car wash have been sb winning qbs. If you just check the last 10 yrs, Ben and Flacco are the only 2. Coming in, you want a guy with a nfl which TB has. As he gets older and stronger,his arm will get better. He can make every throw inside and outside the numbers now. Can he drift,fade,and throw the ball 70 yds like ben or flacco? No, but that's never been a requirement to being great either.