View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014   #274
Blake
MMQB

Section: 551
Rep Power: 73433 Blake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respectedBlake is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Clowney, then what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
You're one of the few posters i respect on here in terms of football knowledge
& i agree with everything you've said thus far. What i was really driving at in that post was when the grades for both prospects is relatively even. In that case, the tie always goes to the qb b/c of the position's importance imo.
That is what i think people aren't considering. Clowney isn't the obvious #1 overall anymore than Bridgewater imo.

It's really funny b/c all people complained about this year was how bad we were at qb this year. & now that we have our pick of the litter everyone wants to back away & fall on the BPA mantra. It cracks me up how part of the argument for folks not high on Bridgewater is that there's not much difference between he & the other 2 prospects & therefore he's not worth 1:1....Ok, that's fine. But then those same people will turn around and say Manziel and/or Bortles are top 5 picks.

Well if Bridgewater is pretty much considered the best prospect of all qb's & those 2 are top 5 picks, how can they say Bridgewater isn't worth the #1 overall pick? There's only 3 other picks before that & if you're worth any one of those 3 slots, you're certainly worth 1:1 overall.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bah007 View Post
I don't think Clowney fits anywhere in a 34 unless it was a DE in a one gap system.
Alright then. You dont have to sell me. Lock it up. Bridgewater is coming to Houston!

I really dont think we are foolin anyone here.

We have the #1 pick.
Unless we get a similar offer that the Rams got for RG3 (which wont happen) we are going to pick at 1.1.
We need a franchise QB.
Alot of people including myself consider Teddy B. to potentially be one.
He doesnt wear #8.

No need for games this year. Lets just get this done so people can order their #5 Bridgewater jerseys. Oh and what do you know. #5 is available on the Texans.
Blake is offline   Reply With Quote