View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014   #47
bah007
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 72205 bah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respectedbah007 is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Htownfan32's Bill O'Brien Mock

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelbtexan View Post
McCarron/TB are said to be cerberal pocket passers that are very good at reading defenses. With avg arm strength. McCarron has a bigger frame.

Both have led several comebacks in their careers.

So I think they are more alike than most would be willing to admit.
I respect your point of view but we'll have to disagree. Average arm strength and McCarron being bigger are both true.

McCarron plays point guard to a bunch of stud athletes behind one of the best lines in the country. There is nothing cerebral to him other than the ability to mostly keep from turning the ball over. McCarron has led very few comebacks. He has mostly handed the ball off and let his playmakers lead the comebacks. There's nothing wrong with that. It's what he is asked to do.

Bridgewater is what I would define as a cerebral pocket passer. Makes checks at the line of scrimmage, sometimes even changing plays or formations on the fly. He is also the star of his team and has very little help outside of one good WR and a decent RB. Most every comeback that has happened while he was at Louisville has been carried out by his arm.

McCarron is a game manager who for the most part is just asked to not lose the game for his team. Bridgewater is the key cog for his entire team and is the main reason they have been so successful over the past two years.
bah007 is offline   Reply With Quote