View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014   #272
stingray
Hall of Fame

Rep Power: 31704 stingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respectedstingray is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: Clowney, then what?

E
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr teX View Post
You're one of the few posters i respect on here in terms of football knowledge
& i agree with everything you've said thus far. What i was really driving at in that post was when the grades for both prospects is relatively even. In that case, the tie always goes to the qb b/c of the position's importance imo.
That is what i think people aren't considering.

It's really funny b/c all people complained about this year was how bad we were at qb this year. & now that we have our pick of the litter everyone wants to back away & fall on the BPA mantra. It cracks me up how part of the argument for folks not high on Bridgewater is that there's not much difference between he & the other 2 prospects & therefore he's not worth 1:1....Ok, that's fine. But then those same people will turn around and say Manziel and/or Bortles are top 5 picks.

Well if Bridgewater is pretty much considered the best prospect of all qb's & those 2 are top 5 picks, how can they say he's not worth the #1 overall pick? There's only 3 other picks before that & if you're worth any one of those 2 you're certainly worth 1:1 overall.
Because everyone is an armchair gm and think that the Texans can trade back and get like a thousand future draft picks and then get the next Tom Brady in the 3rd round. Not in the 6th because that would be too weird that the two of the top 5 qbs in history were drafted in the 6th round. Oh and also, they would get all these picks by trading it to a team who will fall in love with Bridgewater, the player they say is not worth a first overall pick.
stingray is offline   Reply With Quote