View Single Post
Old 01-06-2014   #24
Double Barrel
Modified Simian

Section: Gridiron, Tx
Rep Power: 301240 Double Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respectedDouble Barrel is a quality contributor and well respected
Default Re: What got into Alex Smith?

My son's buddy kept asking me why I continued to watch the game when it was 38-10.

He said I was too hardcore of a football fan to keep watching, but I just told him one thing: Andrew Luck.

This kid is the real deal. Regardless of how he starts, he is all about finishing strong, and he did it again. If only the Chiefs were up by 34 points to have the Colts come back...man, could have at least made that other comeback no. 2 in history.

I feel for Chiefs fans, though, knowing exactly how it feels to see your great team blow a huge lead in the playoffs. Alex Smith played fantastic, but he does not have the Captain Comeback in him. He's a sort of Trent Dilfer type of QB who needs a defense than can protect a friggin' 28 point lead.

Alex Smith is sort of an underdog QB, and I've been hoping he'd prove his critics wrong. I think this season proved that he can be a viable NFL QB. Unfortunately for him, he's in the same division as Peyton Manning. We know how that feels.